Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Andrew Gaffney <ag...@skylineaero.com> on 2004/06/30 09:11:43 UTC

weird error when calling new file

I'm working on building a new mod_perl/Mason based website. I have a bunch of
old Perl CGI scripts that I'm moving over from the old version of the site. The
first time I call them, I get this error:

Can't call method "filename" on an undefined value at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i686-linux/Apache/PerlRun.pm line 40.

It works find when I hit refresh (and any other time after that). It does this
for every new script I put in cgi-bin. The definition for the VirtualHost is:

<VirtualHost *>
ServerName domain
ServerAdmin webmaster@domain
DocumentRoot /var/www/dev.domain/htdocs
PerlSetVar MasondataDir /etc/apache/dev.domain/
PerlModule Skyline

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /var/www/dev.domain/cgi-bin/

<Directory /var/www/dev.domain/htdocs>
Options -Indexes FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

<Directory /var/www/dev.domain/cgi-bin>
     AllowOverride All
     Options ExecCGI FollowSymlinks
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

I also have the following as a global declaration for all of my VirtualHosts:

     <Location /cgi-bin/*.pl>
         SetHandler perl-script
         PerlHandler Apache::PerlRun
         Options -Indexes ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
         PerlSendHeader On
     </Location>

I am running Apache 1.3.29 with mod_perl 1.27 on Gentoo Linux. Does anyone have
any idea why it is doing this?

--
Andrew Gaffney
Network Administrator