Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/08 21:07:56 UTC

Re: T5: How to have .tml/.properties files in the same directory as the .java files

On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 20:34:29 -0300, Patrick Moore <pa...@amplafi.com>
wrote:

> Hi there --

Hi!

> I am working to move our project from T4 to T5. In T4 we are using the
> tacos component resolver that allows the templates and properties files
> to be in the same directory.  In T5 how can we do the same thing?

In Tapestry 5, it's mandatory you to put them in the same package.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor

Re: T5: How to have .tml/.properties files in the same directory as the .java files

Posted by Patrick Moore <pa...@amplafi.com>.
Sounds like a good idea to me....

btw I was looking to figure out where I started going wrong in my
understanding. I fell victim to a  "confirmation bias" that was "confirmed"
by this page: http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5.1/tutorial1/first.html ,
which indicated that T5 required all templates be in the webapp directory.

It was also "confirmed" by the archetype tutorial1. I would suggest changing
the example to reflect the thinking of putting templates under resources or
in the java directories in a maven project.

thx

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

thiagohp@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 20:34:29 -0300, Patrick Moore <pa...@amplafi.com>
> wrote:
>
>  Hi there --
>>

> Hi!
>

>  I am working to move our project from T4 to T5. In T4 we are using the
>> tacos component resolver that allows the templates and properties files to
>> be in the same directory.  In T5 how can we do the same thing?
>>

> In Tapestry 5, it's mandatory you to put them in the same package.
>

> --
> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
> Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer,
> and instructor
> http://www.arsmachina.com.br

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

The source for Tapestry training, mentoring and support. Contact me to learn