Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Valery Ciareszka <va...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/15 10:26:13 UTC

incorrect cpu usage values in dashboard

Hi all.

I'm using CS 4.2.0 / CentOS 6.4/KVM  and I faced the following problem:
If cpu.overprovisioning.factor for cluster is being changed, dashboard
reports incorrect values, unless all vms are restarted (stop/start).

I.e. I configured cluster and set cpu.overprovisioning.factor to 6 and
started a number of VMS:

http://thesuki.org/temp/ss/2013-10-15_10-59-43.png
http://thesuki.org/temp/ss/2013-10-15_11-00-05.png
http://thesuki.org/temp/ss/2013-10-15_11-00-40.png
Current usage is reported correctly.

Further steps to reproduce bug:
change cpu.overprovisioning.factor to 12 at cluster settings:
http://thesuki.org/temp/ss/2013-10-15_11-01-06.png

You will see that cpu current usage hasn't changed.
http://thesuki.org/temp/ss/2013-10-15_11-01-25.png

Wait for 5-10 minutes and you will see that cpu usage was doubled(in this
test case some VMs were shut down, so the values ​​do not differ at exactly
2х. :
http://thesuki.org/temp/ss/2013-10-15_11-06-03.png

If vm is stopped and started, then it's consumed CPU is reported correctly.
If you will stop/start all vms (including system vms/virtual routers), then
you will see true CPU usage in dashboard.

I've submitted a bug at

Valery

http://protocol.by/slayer

Re: incorrect cpu usage values in dashboard

Posted by Bharat Kumar <bh...@citrix.com>.
Hi Valery,

if you change the  cpu.overprovisioning.factor  for a cluster it will not effect the running VMs, only the VMs deployed after
overcommit change will be effected.  In other words cloudstack will not reconfigure the running VMs with the new overcommit values.

Also cloudstack adjusts the the cpu and memory  in DB ,  of the running VMs based on the new overcommit values.
new overcommitted allocation value = Actual allocated * new overprovisioning factor.

Posted by Valery Ciareszka <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Bharat

Posted by Bharat Kumar <bh...@citrix.com>.
Hi Valery,