Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Ernst de Haan <er...@jollem.com> on 2000/07/08 16:26:17 UTC

FYI: Results of running DocLint on the Ant source code

Hi,

Just FYI: I used the DocLint tool to check completeness and correctness
(to a certain degree) of the Ant Javadoc comments. I've attached the
results as a GZip'ed file.

I've used Ant to run DocLint on Ant itself :) Here is the target I used
(I just added this to my copy of the main build.xml for Ant):

  <target name="docchecks" depends="prepare">
    <javadoc packagenames="${packages}"
             sourcepath="${basedir}/${src.dir}"
             author="no"
             version="no"
             doclet="com.jollem.doclint.DocLint"
             docletPath="/home/ernst/prj/doclint/rel/doclint.jar"
    />
  </target>

For more info on DocLint, see:

* http://www.znerd.demon.nl/doclint/

Ernst

Taskname "style" --> "xslt" ????

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@mad.scientist.com>.
Hi,

would it be possible to either rename or duplicate (for backwards compat ?)
the name of xslt task to xslt rather than style. The reason is I have a
large bunch of tasks that have nothing to do with styling a xml sheet but
rather transforming and the word style bugs me :P.

Cheers,

Pete

Re: Question re: jaxp.jar and parser.jar

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@mad.scientist.com>.
At 06:24  8/7/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but the installation instructions
>for jaxp1.0.1 state to copy the jaxp.jar and parser.jar to the jre/lib/ext
>directory. Then there is no need include jaxp.jar and parser.jar in
>the classpath because java will find them.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!! Runaway ! Runaway !

All my experiences using the extension thing as a developer have ended in
pain and suffering. Often I leave things in there which cause bugs down the
road or I install a security manager and they get uneccesarily restricted
etc. So unless it is for an end user I would strongly strongly suggest not
to use extension mechanism if at all possible.

>Is that only for specific situations? I've done that, and still find
>that I have to explictly have jaxp.jar and parser.jar in my classpath
>in order for ant to work correctly...

Not sure is it only with compiling that things break or is it general
running ? Some compilers (ie jikes) need to have it explicitly set
regardless. Other than that I am not sure :<

Posted by Marius Scurtescu <ma...@multiactive.com>.
I remember having a similar problem. Make sure you use the jre/lib/ext
in the same folder where your main Java SDK is, and not where the JRE
is installed (when you install the JDK both get installed).

Marius

RE: Results of running DocLint on the Ant source code

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@m64.com>.
> I've used Ant to run DocLint on Ant itself :) Here is the target I used
> (I just added this to my copy of the main build.xml for Ant):

Just 948 warnings - no worries :-)