Posted to dev@gora.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/30 20:34:37 UTC

Coding Standards for Gora

Hi Keith,

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 7:14 PM, Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com> wrote:

> Do you guys have any coding standards?  Accumulo settled on some
> standards for indentation, etc.  Its on our source web page [1].  I
> did not see anything like that on the Gora web site.

Ripping this from your previous thread, I will start by saying that no, I
don't think we do have any standard coding practice as of yet. This is
something which we could possibly migrate to Gora from Accumulo... Wdyt?
This should be added to the wiki page I think.

> Also, do you code review committers changes or use lazy consensus?

Right now we've been using a combination of both, for example some of us
are using Gora with HBase and others with Cassandra, this means that it
might be a bit difficult to test HBase stuff if you're a Cassandra user and
vice versa. I think we've found a happy medium between mostly lazy
consensus followed by mainly dev@ discussion should there be any problems...

Thanks

Lewis

Re: Coding Standards for Gora

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Guys,

I've quickly created a wiki page for this [1] so it would be great if
someone could prossibly provide a more verbose account of some of the
specific coding style we wish to adopt moving forward.

Thanks

Lewis

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GORA/Apache+Gora+Coding+Style