Posted to general@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Vincent Hennebert <vh...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/02 10:20:01 UTC

Re: [VOTE] XGC 1.5rc1 and FOP 1.1rc1 Candidate Releases

On 30/06/12 11:36, Glenn Adams wrote:
> Yes, I already plan to do this before cutting the final RC1 binaries, which
> I expect to do tomorrow (01JUL).

The RC1 was meant to be frozen as soon as the vote was launched, since
we voted on signed artefacts corresponding to a precise version of the
repository.

Any further change shall trigger a new vote, so I would leave this one
for the final release (or possibly an RC2).

That is, according to my understanding of the release process...

Vincent

Posted by Clay Leeds <th...@gmail.com>.
> On 30/06/12 11:36, Glenn Adams wrote:
>>> Yes, I already plan to do this before cutting the final RC1 binaries,
>>> which I expect to do tomorrow (01JUL).
>>
>> The RC1 was meant to be frozen as soon as the vote was launched, since
>> we voted on signed artefacts corresponding to a precise version of the
>> repository.
>>
>> Any further change shall trigger a new vote, so I would leave this one
>> for the final release (or possibly an RC2).
>>
>> That is, according to my understanding of the release process...
>>

> ok that's fine, i will defer subsequent changes to the final 1.1 release
> (or an RC2 if it should be required)

I would think any new functionality would necessitate a new RC (unless we want a 1.1.1 if there are bugs... ;-)

Re: [VOTE] XGC 1.5rc1 and FOP 1.1rc1 Candidate Releases

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
On 02/07/2012 09:20, Vincent Hennebert wrote:
> On 30/06/12 11:36, Glenn Adams wrote:
>> Yes, I already plan to do this before cutting the final RC1 binaries, which
>> I expect to do tomorrow (01JUL).
> The RC1 was meant to be frozen as soon as the vote was launched, since
> we voted on signed artefacts corresponding to a precise version of the
> repository.

That's my understanding too. Sorry Luis, I agree it would be nice to
squeeze your change in there but it will require a new build and a new
vote. It's not worth it when you consider that raw PNG is not the
default loader for PNG and it will still make the final release.

> Any further change shall trigger a new vote, so I would leave this one
> for the final release (or possibly an RC2).

+1

> That is, according to my understanding of the release process...

Mine too. Thanks,

Chris