Posted to users@flex.apache.org by pwave <jo...@kalenconnect.com> on 2016/04/27 02:46:31 UTC

Flex single swf worker

 In AIR, I’m able to use a single swf for a worker and main thread by using
something similar to the code below, which I’ve embedded in Flex in two
ways.

Using a Flex Application object, the following code launches a worker, and I
get the error "Error: Error #3731: This feature is not available within this
context.” which I’d assume is because the Application is attempting to be
loaded from the worker, after being loaded from the main thread.

I tried a mobile app also, specifically TabbedViewNavigatorApplication. This
actually gets farther, the worker is created, but as expected init() doesn’t
fire, because applicationComplete has already fired, so “is NOT Primordial”
does not appear in console. The application does appear and seems to work
fine.

My questions are:

1. For Application (Desktop), is there an alternative to the Application
object that I can use for a single swf worker so that the worker loads and
calls init()?
2. For TabbedViewNavigatorApplication is there a event which the worker can
use (and maybe the main thread as well) to fire off the init function?

Third, if this needs to be documented somewhere, I’d be glad to take
ownership and edit a wiki or otherwise to help evangelize.

Thanks