Posted to dev@madlib.apache.org by Frank McQuillan <fm...@pivotal.io> on 2015/12/23 23:51:41 UTC

Recommendation of new committer

MADlib community,

I would like to recommend Xiaocheng Tang (apache ID: xctang) as a new
committer on the Apache MADlib project.

Xiaocheng has made multiple commits over the last couple of months:

30e9286 SVM: Fix how grouping cols are validated
cd12983 SVM: Allow grouping_col to be empty
72966db SVM: Add CV support with generic class
f62ecdb SVM: Add regression and update grouping support
a184a8a Add hello-world examples
7f6fed1 Metric: add p-norm distance function

He is interested in contributing to the SVM module JIRAs attached to the
epic:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MADLIB-901

Please let me know as soon as you can if you have any comments on this
recommendation.

Thanks,
Frank

Re: Recommendation of new committer

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
Catching with my emails... +1 on the move. There's a reason for doing thing
thing on private@

Cos

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
I'd like to remind everybody that our subscription rate for
private@madlib still stands at only 9 members.

It is ok if you're not interested in being on the MADlib PMC,
but if you are (and you happen to be on the initial list
of committers on the MADlib proposal) please consider
subscribing using the instructions provided bellow.

Thanks,
Roman.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ivan Novick <in...@pivotal.io>.