Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Mains <an...@kontagent.com> on 2015/03/27 19:53:29 UTC

Multiple scans for mapreduce over snapshots

Hi all,

We're looking into using TableSnapshotInputFormat on a salted table, and
we need to push down conditions on the rest of the rowkey to each bucket
(using hive with my patch for
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-7805). MultiTableInputFormat
allows us to do this on HBase proper, but it seems like this isn't yet
supported on snapshots. There's nothing in either google or JIRA
discussing such a feature afaict, so I thought I'd ask here:

Would it be reasonable for HBase to support an equivalent of
`MultiTableInputFormat` over snapshots? Is there a better alternative
that we should be using instead?

Thanks!

Andrew

Re: Multiple scans for mapreduce over snapshots

Posted by Andrew Mains <an...@kontagent.com>.
We'd certainly like it, and would be more than willing to take up the
implementation :). I've filed a ticket here
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-13356 to track the feature.

Thanks for the response!

Andrew

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.