Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by cjhorton <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/18 22:02:34 UTC

Advise needed for user-input copy/paste from a spreadsheet into a form

Hi Everyone,

I am using ofbiz to replace our current customer order submission website.
Our current system was written about 5 years ago and is rapidly becoming
antiquated.  My lab performs analysis on customer samples that they submit
online and then send the physical samples in to us.  Normally they submit
only a few at a time, but often they have many(~100).  Our current system
allows them to upload a tab-delimited file which the sample names get parsed
from, but I would rather not go that route.

Instead, I would like to have a form widget that allows customers to copy a
column of cells containing sample names from a spreadsheet and paste them
into the form.  Any guidance on how to do this is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

CJ

Re: Advise needed for user-input copy/paste from a spreadsheet into a form

Posted by CJay Horton <ja...@gmail.com>.
Awesome. Thanks BJ!

Re: Advise needed for user-input copy/paste from a spreadsheet into a form

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
you can create a textarea but the cells would be tab delimited strings.
or you can create a java applet that uses the PIO, but that has to be
imported, parse.
the upload is the best way.
look at the
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/partymgr/control/addressMatchMap
code and enities

cjhorton sent the following on 11/18/2008 1:02 PM: