Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Mike <mz...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/01 23:06:58 UTC

USPS Integration and RateV4

I tried to setup USPS integration in 11.04, and it looks like USPS no
longer supports "RateV2", which is what OFBiz currently supports.  I
checked trunk, and get the same error:

2012-06-01 13:39:44,860 (TP-Processor8) [
 ServiceDispatcher.java:543:ERROR] Error in Service [uspsRateInquire]:
Error sending request for USPS Domestic Rate Calculation service: API
Disabled: RateV2.

Has anyone upgraded UspsServices.java to support at least V4?

This is what USPS says:

USPS Announces:
"Rate and RateV2 versions of the domestic Rate Calculator will be retired
on March 31, 2012, requiring all integrators to migrate to the latest
versions"

Re: USPS Integration and RateV4

Posted by Mike <mz...@gmail.com>.
FYI:  I got USPS shipping services to work with 11.04 by simply changing
all instances of "RateV2" --to-- "RateV3" and recompiling.

# grep V3
applications/product/src/org/ofbiz/shipment/thirdparty/usps/UspsServices.java
        Document requestDocument =
createUspsRequestDocument("RateV3Request", true, delegator,
shipmentGatewayConfigId, resource);
            responseDocument = sendUspsRequest("RateV3", requestDocument,
delegator, shipmentGatewayConfigId, resource, locale);

Seems to work.