Posted to fortress@directory.apache.org by Chris Pike <cl...@psu.edu> on 2017/05/04 14:55:40 UTC

Unit Tests

Shawn,

I'm working on running the unit tests, and am getting an error when changing password

junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: org.apache.directory.fortress.core.model.User.changePassword user [jtsTU2User1]  user not authorized to change password, ldap rc= Fortress rc=1018
	at junit.framework.TestCase.fail(TestCase.java:227)
	at org.apache.directory.fortress.core.impl.AdminMgrImplTest.changePasswords(AdminMgrImplTest.java:340)
	at org.apache.directory.fortress.core.impl.AdminMgrImplTest.testChangePassword(AdminMgrImplTest.java:312)

My testing environment is slightly modified from last time I ran the tests, so I am assuming some sort of config issue. Any ideas?

Thanks,

~Chris

Re: Unit Tests

Posted by Chris Pike <cl...@psu.edu>.
I am running a newer version, which I don't think has the slapd.conf file anymore...

Definitely an openldap pw policy issue.  Is that overlay enabled in your server?  Here’s the error:

    /**
     * The password change failed because User is not allowed to change password.
     */
    public static final int USER_PW_MOD_NOT_ALLOWED = 1018;

Can you send your fortress.properties and slapd.conf config?  (pw’s redacted of course)

Shawn

Re: Unit Tests

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.