Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sam Wun <sw...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/09 17:00:39 UTC

Can start tomcat within Eclipse.

sorry about the preivous email with a different subject.
Here is the quest with the right subject name:

Hi, I have just configured Eclipse 3.4 with tomcat in windows vista.
The environemt is running JDK1.6 and JRE 1.5, but I have selected
jdk1.6 for the enviornemt.
When I press the Start Tomcat menu in the Eclispe menu bar, it thrown
the following exception in the Eclispe console:

10/08/2008 12:51:14 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap initClassLoaders
SEVERE: Class loader creation threw exception
java.io.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label
syntax is incorrect
       at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.canonicalize0(Native Method)
       at java.io.Win32FileSystem.canonicalize(Win32FileSystem.java:396)
       at java.io.File.getCanonicalPath(File.java:559)
       at org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory.createClassLoader(ClassLoaderFactory.java:199)
       at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.createClassLoader(Bootstrap.java:179)
       at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.initClassLoaders(Bootstrap.java:103)
       at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.init(Bootstrap.java:212)
       at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:409)

How can I troubleshoot this error and what may be the issue that
caused this error?

Thanks