Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu> on 2002/05/17 21:51:13 UTC

APR_XtOffsetOf -> APR_OFFSETOF about to happen

OtherBill's recent commit reminded me that I never got around to following
up on http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apr-dev&m=101647219122386&w=2,
wherein we decided that it was okay for APR_XtOffsetOf to get renamed to
APR_OFFSETOF.  I've made all the changes and will commit them.  My only
question is this: at this point, do we still need to maintain the
APR_XtOffsetOf macro and just #define it to APR_OFFSETOF?  Seems silly,
but.... anyway, the original was never documented, so I can't just mark it
deprecated without ADDING documentation for something we don't want people
to use.

We've already bumped the MMN for Apache 2.0.37... can we just call that
good enough and note this as a change that must be made?  It's a simple
search and replace.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA

Re: APR_XtOffsetOf -> APR_OFFSETOF about to happen

Posted by Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>.
On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 03:51:13PM -0400, Cliff Woolley wrote:

> OtherBill's recent commit reminded me that I never got around to following
> up on http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apr-dev&m=101647219122386&w=2,
> wherein we decided that it was okay for APR_XtOffsetOf to get renamed to
> APR_OFFSETOF.  I've made all the changes and will commit them.  My only
> question is this: at this point, do we still need to maintain the
> APR_XtOffsetOf macro and just #define it to APR_OFFSETOF?  Seems silly,
> but.... anyway, the original was never documented, so I can't just mark it
> deprecated without ADDING documentation for something we don't want people
> to use.

I think we need to keep the old one around, at least until we bump
the minor number.

just my 2c,
--aaron