Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bill Blackmon <bi...@verizon.net> on 2002/09/30 05:00:55 UTC

Serialization of beans

I'm getting the following error for all of my bean classes under Tomcat:

2002-09-29 20:28:37 StandardManager[/EGPS] IOException while loading
persisted sessions: java.io.WriteAbortedException: Writing aborted by
exception; java.io.NotSerializableException: com.egps.beans.GroupFocusBean
java.io.WriteAbortedException: Writing aborted by exception;
java.io.NotSerializableException: com.egps.beans.GroupFocusBean

Is it mandatory to make all beans serializable? Can this somehow cause
excessive disk space usage?
Opinions appreciated...

Thanks,
Bill