Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Pete Moran <pe...@forloop.co.uk> on 2005/01/06 02:39:39 UTC

Debian and libembperl-perl

Hi,

I am trying to get a apache2 server with mod_perl2 and embperl running using
just packages from apt-get however seem to be running into some problems.

Am running Debian Sarge with Kernel 2.4.27-1 on a 386 server.

I firstly installed Apache2, then mod_perl2 then libembperl-perl have made
no changes to any of the default Debian configurations, I simply created a
test file test.epl in the document root with

[- print STDERR “HELLO” -]

When running this I get back a internal Server error with the following

[Thu Jan 06 12:30:05 2005] [error] [594]ERR:  24:  Error in Perl code: Can't
call method "component" on an undefined value at
/usr/lib/perl5/Embperl/App.pm line 58.\n

[Thu Jan 06 12:30:05 2005] [error] [594]ERR:  61: : Unknown recipe 'Embperl'

[Thu Jan 06 12:30:05 2005] [error] [client 192.168.1.4] Can't call method
"log_file_start_pos" on an undefined value at /usr/lib/perl5/Embperl/App.pm
line 82.\n

When I stop the server I also see the following in the logs

Attempt to free unreferenced scalar: SV 0x8262b9c during global destruction.

Attempt to free unreferenced scalar: SV 0x8262b54 during global destruction.

Attempt to free unreferenced scalar: SV 0x8262b78 during global destruction.

Unbalanced string table refcount: (1) for "MOD_PERL" during global
destruction.

Unbalanced string table refcount: (1) for "PATH" during global destruction.

Unbalanced string table refcount: (1) for "Embperl" during global
destruction.

Scalars leaked: 10

The default embperl config (in zembperl.conf) is

# The sucky "zembperl" name is so we load after perl

AddType text/html .epl

<IfModule mod_perl.c>

  # mod_perl version

  PerlModule Embperl

  <Files *.epl>

    SetHandler perl-script

    PerlHandler Embperl

    Options ExecCGI

  </Files>

</IfModule>

<IfModule !mod_perl.c>

  # CGI version

  <IfModule mod_actions.c>

    Action embperl /cgi-bin/embpcgi.pl

    Action embperlobject /cgi-bin/epocgi.pl

    Action embperl-fastcgi /cgi-bin/embpfastcgi.pl

    AddHandler embperl .epl

  </IfModule>

</IfModule>

Anyone got any ideas what causes this ? could of course build apache,
mod_perl from source but would ideally like to stick to the debian packages
?

Thanks for help

Re: Debian and libembperl-perl

Posted by Angus Lees <gu...@debian.org>.
At Thu, 6 Jan 2005 12:39:39 +1100, Pete Moran wrote:
> I am trying to get a apache2 server with mod_perl2 and embperl running using
> just packages from apt-get however seem to be running into some problems.
>
> Am running Debian Sarge with Kernel 2.4.27-1 on a 386 server.
>
> I firstly installed Apache2, then mod_perl2 then libembperl-perl have made no
> changes to any of the default Debian configurations, I simply created a test
> file test.epl in the document root with
>
> [- print STDERR ?HELLO? -]
>
> When running this I get back a internal Server error with the following
>
> [Thu Jan 06 12:30:05 2005] [error] [594]ERR:  24:  Error in Perl code: Can't
> call method "component" on an undefined value at /usr/lib/perl5/Embperl/App.pm
> line 58.\n
> [etc]

I just installed apache2, libapache2-mod-perl2 and libembperl-perl on
Debian sarge and ran your test.epl with no problems.  You didn't
mention specific package versions in your post, could you give me the
output of "dpkg -l apache2 libapache2-mod-perl2 libembperl-perl"

For reference, I just tested with:
ii  apache2        2.0.52-3       Next generation, scalable, extendable web se
ii  libapache2-mod 1.99.14-4      Integration of perl with the Apache2 web ser
ii  libembperl-per 2.0debian-4    A system for building dynamic websites with

Alex, there have been libembperl-perl (2.0) packages in Debian
unstable for 2 years now ;)  They only made it into testing (sarge) in
August/2004 though.  There are also the older libhtml-embperl-perl (1.3)
packages which should be able to be installed simultaneously.

--
 - Gus

RE: Debian and libembperl-perl

Posted by Pete Moran <pe...@forloop.co.uk>.
Hi,

That’s done in the loading, theres 2 config files zembperl.load and
zembperl.conf, I only showed you the .conf one, in the load it has.

<IfModule mod_perl.c>
  LoadModule embperl_module /usr/lib/perl5/auto/Embperl/Embperl.so
</IfModule>

I also copied this to the config file to make sure it was called and still
same problem.

Regards

Pete

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.