Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/25 06:57:38 UTC

Re: svn commit: r224411

robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org> wrote on 07/24/2005 08:56:05 AM:
> hi rahul
>
> it looks to me like you have some of the subversion settings badly set
> (http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/svn-book.html#svn-ch-7-sect-2.3.5).
>
> it's quite important that these are set correctly since all the extra
> lines make it very difficult to read the diffs. this in turn means that
> i cannot easily work out what changes you've made. checking diff's is
> the main way that apache ensures oversight.

Ofcourse, thanks for checking.

> please check that you're setting are correct.

Some of the other asf repositories I've checked out came with
svn:eol-style set; it seems the jakarta site doesn't. Is this any of
my settings or are you recommending I check and set eol-style to
native if its unset? I have maybe a couple more site updates coming,
so it'll help to know.

Thanks for your time,
-Rahul

P.S.-What list do I subscribe to in order to receive the jakarta site
svn commit messages?

> - robert
<snip/>

Re: svn commit: r224411

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 7/25/05, Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org> wrote:
<snip/>
> However the files in directory xdocs/downloads appear to be missing it
> for some reason. I can't see any reason why they should be different so
> I've fixed this.
>
> If you spot these (eg see that your "diff" includes every line in the
> file) please fix the file by
>  svn propset svn:eol-style native filename
<snap/>

Sounds like a plan, though IMO, this is best done at svn add time
using auto-props.

> > P.S.-What list do I subscribe to in order to receive the jakarta site
> > svn commit messages?
>
> Sorry, don't know. In fact, I'm a bit puzzled by the mail setup. On
> svn.apache.org (aka people.apache.org), /x1/svn/asf-mailer.conf looks
> like it defines the mail lists for commit messages but I can't see
> anything that looks like it handles site - or commons for that matter.
<snip/>

Indeed, this covers both commons and site (and taglibs, and ...).

[/jakarta/PROJECT]
for_paths = jakarta/(?P<PROJECT>[^/]*)/
to_addr = %(PROJECT)s-cvs@jakarta.apache.org
suppress_if_match = yes

Anyway, thanks a lot Simon, for both your replies (this and the
copyright line one -- though as you stated, it'd be nice to know the
"general Apache policy").

On 7/25/05, Phil Steitz <ph...@steitz.com> wrote:
> Rahul Akolkar wrote:
> >
> > P.S.-What list do I subscribe to in order to receive the jakarta site
> > svn commit messages?
> >
> site-cvs@jakarta.apache.org

Thanks! And that will keep reminding us to pick versioning system
agnostic list names for commit lists in the future ;-)

-Rahul

Re: svn commit: r224411

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 00:57 -0400, Rahul Akolkar wrote:
> robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org> wrote on 07/24/2005 08:56:05 AM:
> > hi rahul
> >
> > it looks to me like you have some of the subversion settings badly set
> > (http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/svn-book.html#svn-ch-7-sect-2.3.5).
> >
> > it's quite important that these are set correctly since all the extra
> > lines make it very difficult to read the diffs. this in turn means that
> > i cannot easily work out what changes you've made. checking diff's is
> > the main way that apache ensures oversight.
>
> Ofcourse, thanks for checking.
>
> > please check that you're setting are correct.
>
> Some of the other asf repositories I've checked out came with
> svn:eol-style set; it seems the jakarta site doesn't. Is this any of
> my settings or are you recommending I check and set eol-style to
> native if its unset? I have maybe a couple more site updates coming,
> so it'll help to know.

Most of the text files in jakarta site *do* have svn:eol-style=native.

However the files in directory xdocs/downloads appear to be missing it
for some reason. I can't see any reason why they should be different so
I've fixed this.

If you spot these (eg see that your "diff" includes every line in the
file) please fix the file by
  svn propset svn:eol-style native filename

> P.S.-What list do I subscribe to in order to receive the jakarta site
> svn commit messages?

Sorry, don't know. In fact, I'm a bit puzzled by the mail setup. On
svn.apache.org (aka people.apache.org), /x1/svn/asf-mailer.conf looks
like it defines the mail lists for commit messages but I can't see
anything that looks like it handles site - or commons for that matter.

Regards,

Simon

Re: svn commit: r224411

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@steitz.com>.
Rahul Akolkar wrote:

> P.S.-What list do I subscribe to in order to receive the jakarta site
> svn commit messages?

site-cvs@jakarta.apache.org

Phil