Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Ramkrishna Swamy <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/19 18:37:50 UTC

Multitenancy support

Hello List,

I have to do setup of multitenancy, so I went wiki of OFBiz and found this
page https://cwiki.apache.org/OFBIZ/multitenancy-support.html. I followed
the instructions given but it did not work. I am using OFBiz 11.04, mysql
and derby for this. Following are the changes I have made during the set
up: -

TenantDemoData.xml: - I modified only jdbcuri for mysql and gave username
and password of mysql. I did not touch derby tenant. So I have question
here is, in derby there are two databases are declared ofbiz_DEMO1
and ofbizolap_DEMO1, so do I need to create these databases, if yes then
where because OFBiz comes with default derby.

entityengine.xml:- As per the document,add datasource configuration
element's information like jdbcuri, username and password. But in version
11.04, localderbytenant already added so no need to change anything (as per
the document). But I also changed mysql settings for
localmysql, localmysqlolap, localmysqltenant.

Then I ran command ant run-install-multitenant but it gave me error saying
unknown database 'ofbiz', for mysql. I had created ofbiz and ofbizolap
databases in mysql before running the ant run-install-multitenant command.

So what's the problem with above configuration?

Thanks in advance.

--
Thanks
Ramkrishna