Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Jesus Camacho Rodriguez <jc...@apache.org> on 2017/06/12 11:37:21 UTC

Towards Calcite release 1.13

Last release (1.12) was more than 2 months ago. Avatica 1.10.0 has already
been released, thus I was thinking that it would be a good idea to have a
Calcite release.

I have logged CALCITE-1837 to track it.

This is the list of issues that have not been fixed yet with fix version set to 1.13.
Please, if any of these is assigned to you, let us know whether you would would
like it to be included in the release.

* https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1792
RelToSqlConverter doesn't handle cartesian join (join cond as TRUE)
* https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1815
Change Avatica dependency of the Pig adapter to avatica-core
* https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1831
Cannot translate LogicalLimit to MutableRel when Materialized Views used
* https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1834
Implement precedence list for Array and Multiset
* https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1835
Add more types to Pig adapter

Does anyone have other issues that would like to include in the release?
Are there any time constraints?

Unless anybody volunteers, I can be the release manager for this one.

-Jesús

Re: Towards Calcite release 1.13

Posted by Eli Levine <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jesus,

CALCITE-1835 won't be ready for at least a few more days, so I pushed
it out of 1.13.
CALCITE-1815 has a PR pending a discussion on the Jira between Julian
and myself. Julian, mind taking a look one more time at the Jira and
letting me know if you still have concerns?

Thanks,

Eli

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jesus Camacho Rodriguez <jc...@apache.org>.
We have been able to push some remaining issues and I think we are ready to have a release.

I will create the first RC shortly.

Thanks,
Jesús

Posted by Jesus Camacho Rodriguez <jc...@hortonworks.com>.