Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Manupriya <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/18 13:11:07 UTC

[users@httpd] Jar file in Apache HTTP Server

Hi,

I have a quick question, is it possible to deploy jar file on Apache HTTP
Server? If so then in which folder? Is there anyway that I can deploy a jar
as a resource (NOT AS AN APPLET) in the Apache HTTP Server?

For example, in case of Tomcat Server, we will have to put the jar file in
the CATALINA_HOME/webapp/ROOT folder. Is there anything similar in case of
Apache HTTP.

Thanks,
Manu

Re: [users@httpd] Jar file in Apache HTTP Server

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 7:11 AM, Manupriya <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a quick question, is it possible to deploy jar file on Apache HTTP
> Server? If so then in which folder? Is there anyway that I can deploy a jar
> as a resource (NOT AS AN APPLET) in the Apache HTTP Server?

It's not really deploying, because Apache HTTP Server can't do
anything but send the entire jar file to a client that requests it. It
won't run any code from inside of it.

A jar can be put alongside any of your HTML content. See DocumentRoot
and Alias in your config file.

> For example, in case of Tomcat Server, we will have to put the jar file in
> the CATALINA_HOME/webapp/ROOT folder. Is there anything similar in case of
> Apache HTTP.

Not similar in the sense that the HTTP Server will do anything with
the jar beyond making it available for download.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com