Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Jan Lukavský <je...@seznam.cz> on 2019/08/07 10:11:27 UTC

Suspicious watermark of operators after restore from checkpoint

Hi all,

I have just come across a weird state of operators after restore from
checkpoint. After the restore, two operators that are connected (i.e.
operator A is input of operator B) ended up with watermark of operator A
being less than watermark of operator B. I don't know how to explain
this. Can it be normal or does it signal a bug somewhere? If I
understand Flink's checkpointing correctly, the checkpoint barrier flows
from one operator to another, so the watermark should be aligned.

I'm running a Beam pipeline on Flink 1.8.1.

Am I missing something?

Many thanks for comments,

  Jan

Re: Suspicious watermark of operators after restore from checkpoint

Posted by Jan Lukavský <je...@seznam.cz>.
Hi Kostas,

yes - operators A and B are as you said. The WebUI is what would explain
in best, if it is anyhow possible, that it would display sort of stale
information at one operator and updated on another.

Jan

Posted by Kostas Kloudas <kk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jan,

Posted by Jan Lukavský <je...@seznam.cz>.