Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Andreas Neumann <ne...@karto.baug.ethz.ch> on 2005/03/16 18:20:20 UTC

problem with dynamic display of SVG embedded fonts

Hello,

I have a problem with a embedded SVG font and dynamic update of text
elements. The text elements/glyphs don't seem to refresh/update
properly. The update is done using ECMAScript and the DOM. Static glyphs
or text elements seem to display well.

The same application works fine with a system font, but fails with the
embedded SVG font.

As an illustration please have a look at
http://www.carto.net/williams/yosemite/unstable/index.svg which works
fine with the system font vs.
http://www.carto.net/williams/yosemite/index.svg which fails with the
embedded SVG font. Note, e.g. the mouse move coordinate display or the
dynamically placed text-labels in the map, which fail to refresh.

I would provide further details if necessary and also filed a bug report
in the bugzilla database.

Thanks for any help,
Andreas

Andreas Neumann - Department of Cartography
ETH Hoenggerberg, CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland
Phone: ++41-1-633 3031, Fax: ++41-1-633 1153
e-mail: neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.carto.net/neumann/
SVG.Open: http://www.svgopen.org/
Carto.net: http://www.carto.net/

Re: problem with dynamic display of SVG embedded fonts

Posted by Andreas Neumann <ne...@karto.baug.ethz.ch>.
Thomas,

thank you for your very quick fix of the problem. I tried the latest CVS
version and can confirm that it works fine now!

Thanks to the new .getPointAtLength() function I could now also enable
the interactive profile function for Batik in our Yosemite map:

see http://www.carto.net/williams/yosemite/index.svg --> click on text
"trails" --> select a trail --> click on text "Calculate Profile" - the
profile is calculated within Batik using a digital terrain model and
.getPointAtLength to determine coordinates along the line from which to
retrieve height values.

Andreas

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Hi Andreas,