Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/15 16:10:30 UTC

[mina] Removing dependencies on apache-asn1 and tl-netty2.

Hi,

It would be nice if we remove dependencies on apache-asn1 and
tl-netty2 from MINA.  They are just a simplistic bridge between MINA
and them.  We could just include them to apache-asn1 and tl-netty2 or
create a tiny subproject.  I still don't know which the best way is.

WDYT?

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/

Re: [mina] Removing dependencies on apache-asn1 and tl-netty2.

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.
I'm using the MINA to Netty2 bridge a lot but I agree it shouldn't be a
MINA dependance. I won't mind an extra jar or packing it into netty2 jar

Julien

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
2005/4/16, Enrique Rodriguez <er...@apache.org>:
> Trustin Lee wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > It would be nice if we remove dependencies on apache-asn1 and
> > tl-netty2 from MINA.  They are just a simplistic bridge between MINA
> > and them.  We could just include them to apache-asn1 and tl-netty2 or
> > create a tiny subproject.  I still don't know which the best way is.
> >
> > WDYT?
>
> I think MINA is one of our lowest-level dependencies and it's looking to
> get deployed wider than the Directory project, so it should be given
> preference for being clean of dependencies.  I question if anyone is
> using the Netty2 bridge.  Regarding the asn1-codec, I think adding a
> MINA dep there is a safe bet since it makes sense that for any ASN1
> protocols we do, they will sit on top of MINA.

I know some Netty2 users who uses Netty2 bridge.  I'll move it to
Netty2 repository because they will always include Netty2 JAR in their
classpath. :)

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <er...@apache.org>.