Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Rez <po...@hotmail.com> on 2008/12/12 01:14:57 UTC

cvs to svn

Hi everyone

Here's what I would like to do.

For now download a version of svn that works on windows vista, then tarball my cvs repository from the linux server, and import it into cvs locally on my desktop just to see if this initial step will work or not.  If everything turns out OK, then I do plan to install svn on a linux server, do another tarball of cvs and do the official migration.

Questions:

1. Is there a Vista 32 version out yet?
2. Is there a version of cvs2svn for windows vista?
3. Do I have to untar the tarball to feed it to cvs2svn?

Thanks

Re: cvs to svn

Posted by Gerard Marcel <me...@gmail.com>.
I am transitioning right now and our tests show that cvs2svn works just
fine.  I am testing on linux.

GM

RE: cvs to svn

Posted by Rez <po...@hotmail.com>.
Could you guys please shed some light on these errors?

I tarballed oru CVS repository to the new SVN box and running cvs2svn on it, generates a few warnings and errors and halts the process.  I have had no luck posting to cvs2svn newsgroup, it appears people rarely frequent that forum, the last posting in it is from early December! And my request to join the forum seems to be still pending!!   I have ran the command in 2 forms and still get the errors below:

$cvs2svn --svnrepos NEW_SVNREPOS CVSREPOS
$cvs2svn --dumpfile DUMPFILE CVSREPOS
when I try to add the --fallback-encoding=ENC option, the command complains

$cvs2svn --fallback-encoding=ENC --dumpfile DUMPFILE CVSREPOS

cvsrepo/singlesignon/lib/servlet-api.jar,v
Summary of symbol transforms:
    "clientapi/" transformed to "clientapi" in 836 files
Done
Time for pass1 (CollectRevsPass): 486.5 seconds.
----- pass 2 (CleanMetadataPass) -----
Converting metadata to UTF8...
WARNING: Problem decoding log message:
Replaced D by  when displaying account #.

WARNING: Problem decoding log message:
Validation that allows only one dash in account number is removed including leading and trailing dash.  is replaced by D before storing in the database.

WARNING: Problem decoding log message:
New method formatBatchName added to truncate batch name if more than 12 characters and append
 to it.

WARNING: Problem decoding log message:
½ù\·lHIûD§êþ¢nfÓþÔ¢ÛJUô×ìºè ª0ßRh\Kà$ÈHÛ|Î;ý
ÒðÚ¢}D"áøãª06G*ûºÂa$£5¬¶WÙþ%¬q\æÈÞèsйåf¥.54©*­Â

WARNING: Problem decoding log message:
Gutted DBConnectionFactory
Specific pooling details, et cetéria moved to other classes.

ERROR: There were warnings converting author names and/or log messages
to unicode (see messages above).  Please restart this pass
with one or more '--encoding' parameters or with
'--fallback-encoding'.

Re: cvs to svn

Posted by Gerard Marcel <me...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Mihamina Rakotomandimby (R12y)" <mi...@lab.vectoris.fr>.
Rez wrote:
> Not sure whether to ask this here or from the webmaster at tigris?
> Since a week or so ago, I no longer see a flurry of svn emails in my
> inbox.

The same here.
They moved something to "collab net" and that changed some things.
I dont really know what.

Posted by Rez <po...@hotmail.com>.
Not sure whether to ask this here or from the webmaster at tigris?  Since a week or so ago, I no longer see a flurry of svn emails in my inbox. I even posted 2 questions and didn't get any response.  I also posted a question to the cvs2svn forum and there seems to be no activity in that forum since the begining of Dec of 2008.  Have I fallen from grace or the svn users@subversion.tigris.org email list?

Re: svn 1.5 release notes

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.

http://subversion.tigris.org/svn_1.5_releasenotes.html

http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/tags/1.5.0/CHANGES

svn 1.5 release notes

Posted by Rez <po...@hotmail.com>.
Where can I read about the new features and bugs fixed in SVN 1.5 vs. 1.4.2?  Thanks

Re: cvs to svn

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: cvs to svn

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.