Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by William Perng <wp...@salmonllc.com> on 2008/12/18 20:59:09 UTC

Year End Inventory Reconciliation

Hi,

We are looking for a way to do year end inventory reconciliation in ofbiz?
Since we have many entries for each product in the inventory item table, it
is difficult for us to adjust the inventory item line by line.  We are
thinking to create a procedure to zero out all inventory items then create a
new inventory item for each product.

If this is not the right way to do it, please correct me.

Thanks

William

No virus found in this outgoing message
Checked by PC Tools AntiVirus (5.0.0.22 - 10.100.070).
http://www.pctools.com/free-antivirus/

Re: Year End Inventory Reconciliation

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

there may be a problem with inventory levels and should be looked into.
I will check to see why my clients don't run into this.
I also provide my clients a xls worksheet to import.
have you looked at the
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/hhfacility/control/main
I just noticed it throws and error that I will mention in another post.
it purpose was to use handhelds.

William Perng sent the following on 12/18/2008 1:13 PM:
> Yes, I tried the "Physical Inventory" tool.  Based on my test, if I put a
> big negative number in one of the inventory item entries in "Physical
> Inventory" tool for GZ-1000, user can still place order for GZ-1000 without
> back order problem.  Because the new order will use different inventory item
> from the one I just set, I thought I need go through each order inventory
> item for GZ-1000 to change it.  Unless the big negative number I input
> triggers a balance inventory process, this is a problem for us, since we may
> have hundred of inventory items need to be manually adjusted.
>
> Thanks
>
> William

No virus found in this incoming message

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Re: Year End Inventory Reconciliation

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
If you don't care about your inventory history then it's fine. The
reason a new InventoryItem is created each time inventory is received,
even for non-serialized inventory, is to keep a history of stock
movement, cost, freshness, etc.

-David