Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org> on 2015/03/30 15:15:56 UTC

including refactored docs from govdocs1 in test suite

All,

  As part of TIKA-1512, I found that I can delete all of the contents, including the metadata, except for one hyperlink in two documents from govdocs1 and still get the proper behavior -- fail before fix, work after fix.

  These documents are in the public domain.

  Is it ok to include these modified documents in our test suite or should I avoid inclusion?

  Happy to avoid inclusion for the sake of a quick release of 1.8 and then we have time to discuss/determine way ahead... unless the answer is obvious.

         Best,

                     Tim

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
+1 to including the modified docs.

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Chief Architect
Office: 168-519, Mailstop: 168-527
Email: chris.a.mattmann@nasa.gov
WWW:  http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/

Posted by Konstantin Gribov <gr...@gmail.com>.
At least, parser should not hang on processing corrupted document. IMHO,
cases with hanging parser code should be considered blocker issue.

Personally I prefer variant with partial result and some meta which says
that document parsing failed somehow. But it can be hard to do.

--
Best regards,
Konstantin Gribov

Posted by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org>.