Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Senaka Fernando <se...@wso2.com> on 2008/01/12 08:45:59 UTC

Inclusion of CURL License in Axis2/C

After reading through the CURL license (a modified MIT-style license), I
believe we have to include a copyright notice, if we are USING libcurl.
Please note that I mean SIMPLY USING THE API without any copying,
modifying etc. The license is displayed at [1] and I have raised a JIRA
[2] in this concern. The rationale behind making the JIRA a blocking-task
is because this requires immediate attention.

[1] http://curl.haxx.se/docs/copyright.html
[2] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2C-898

Regards,
Senaka

Re: Inclusion of CURL License in Axis2/C

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.
Hi Senaka/All,

"Senaka Fernando" <se...@wso2.com> writes:

> After reading through the CURL license (a modified MIT-style license), I
> believe we have to include a copyright notice, if we are USING libcurl.
> Please note that I mean SIMPLY USING THE API without any copying,
> modifying etc. The license is displayed at [1] and I have raised a JIRA
> [2] in this concern. The rationale behind making the JIRA a blocking-task
> is because this requires immediate attention.

According to libcurl's website they are using MIT/X derivative
license, which normally doesn't impose problem for other projects.
My understanding is this license is Apache 2.0 license friendly one
[1].

Ill write a detailed note on licensing in Axis2/C later, Still doing
some reading :)

thanks,
Dinesh

1.http://curl.haxx.se/docs/faq.html#I_have_a_BSD_licensed_program_c