Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2019/08/20 20:12:12 UTC

[MOVING THINGS IN SVN] for uimaj and uimaj-v3

per https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-6115

Current plan:

 1. merged project name will be "uimaj" (the current name of project holding
    uimaj v2 )
 2. the existing uimaj trunk (holding v2) will be moved to a branch named 2.x
 3. the current uimaj-v3 trunk will be copied into uimaj/trunk (replacing the v2
    code that was moved to the branch)
 4. the uimaj-v3 tags will be copied/merged into the existing uimaj/tags folder,
    which will then have both the v2 and v3 tags.

History will be preserved, due to these updates being svn > svn copies within
the same SVN repository.

Following this, I will request INFRA to convert the uimaj project to a writable
GIT repo.

IMPORTANT:

Current users who have checked out from SVN will need to switch to using the
writable GIT repo, when it becomes available (might take a couple of days).

If you want to work on uimaj-v2, you will need to checkout the 2.x branch; to
work on uimaj-v3, just check out the master branch.

-Marshall

Re: [MOVING THINGS IN SVN] for uimaj and uimaj-v3

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
I made a small mistake in figuring out when we can ask for the conversion.
The Vote was opened on Monday, 19 Aug 2019, at 2:13 PM (US Eastern Daylight Time
:-) ), so the 72 hour point is from the time the vote was opened: which is
tomorrow (Thursday, 22 Aug) at 2:13 PM...

The read-only GIT version is now sync'd with the changes made in SVN.

-Marshall

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
ok, things moved in SVN.