Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Steinar Bang <sb...@dod.no> on 2003/02/27 20:33:26 UTC

A weekly/monthly redesign bulletin? (Was: keep propery)

> ... Check the FOP website regularly for the status of the redesign.

To stave off the biggest FOP FAQ after "doesn't keep-* work in Fop?",
ie. "what's the schedule for the redesign?", could it perhaps be an
idea to post a weekly bulletin on the devel list?

Just a very short message eg. something like this:

Subject: FOP redesign bulletin, week #30, 2003

Work done this week:
 - improvement of font metrics
 - made to work with IBM Java VM
 - blah. blah.

Work planned for next week:
 - more font metrics improvements
 - make it work with gcj
 - blah. blah.

Re: A weekly/monthly redesign bulletin? (Was: keep propery)

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Do you volunteer? :-) Monitoring the CVS activity (fop-cvs list), the
fop-dev list and the CHANGES/status.xml files in CVS should give you a
good idea what's going on. We could you some help, even if it's just
writing something like a weekly bulletin.

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-fop/CHANGES
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-fop/status.xml

On 27.02.2003 20:33:26 Steinar Bang wrote:

> > ... Check the FOP website regularly for the status of the redesign.
>
> To stave off the biggest FOP FAQ after "doesn't keep-* work in Fop?",
> ie. "what's the schedule for the redesign?", could it perhaps be an
> idea to post a weekly bulletin on the devel list?
>
> Just a very short message eg. something like this:
>
> Subject: FOP redesign bulletin, week #30, 2003
>
> Work done this week:
>  - improvement of font metrics
>  - made to work with IBM Java VM