Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org> on 2019/04/05 14:06:36 UTC

[NOTICE] Hadoop discussing making Hadoop 2 JDK8+

hi folks,

Just a heads up that the Hadoop community is considering dropping JDK7
support in the Hadoop 2 release line. They haven't gotten to the point of a
formal DISCUSS thread yet, but there's an active JIRA for the necessary
precursor work[1] and it has a chorus of +1s so far.

If we think we'll be keeping branch-1 around longer than the expected
lifespan of Hadoop 2.9 (or whatever the last JDK7 supporting Hadoop 2 ends
up being) then it would be good if we participated in the conversation.

-busbey

[1]: HADOOP-16219