Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "M. Richey" <mr...@gmx.de> on 2012/03/08 15:13:47 UTC

(Re-)Deploy artifacts to (different) repositories

Hi everyone,

we would like to make our artifacts available for our teams being spread across different locations.

So what would be the best way to do that?

We did a mvn install before. So all projects are build already. Therefore it would be great if we could use the projects artifacts (or the ones from the local repository) and deploy it to the different repositories. But executing mvn deploy more than once, will cause maven to reassemble all the artifacts which is just wasting time. And afaik the is no way to deploy to different repositories in one go.

Is there a way to do it like that? Can you use the local repository to deploy from there? Any other ideas on how to get this done?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Maik

Re: RE: (Re-)Deploy artifacts to (different) repositories

Posted by "M. Richey" <mr...@gmx.de>.
Thanks for your reply Roy. Could you please explain how this propagation works?

Thanks!

Maik

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
As a starter you need to deploy your artifacts to a remote repository,
preferably managed by a repo manager. A local repo is merely a local
cache for one developer on one computer.

Then the dev shops would either access your repo directly or have
their own repo managers proxying your repo. Also, some repo managers
could have specific features to handle syncing repos between different
locations. Have a look at the available repo managers and see what
they offer!

/Anders

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
+1 works well.

On 08/03/2012 9:25 AM, Lyons, Roy wrote:
> Most distributed teams would use nexus for that.  deploy once, propagate many.

Ron Wheeler
President
Artifact Software Inc
email: rwheeler@artifact-software.com
skype: ronaldmwheeler
phone: 866-970-2435, ext 102

RE: (Re-)Deploy artifacts to (different) repositories

Posted by Manfred Moser <ma...@mosabuam.com>.
On 12-03-11 05:39 PM, Wayne Fay wrote:
>> And how to get it done with the OSS version (i.e. without Smart Proxy) plz?
> Things like this are why some companies choose to pay for Nexus Pro
> and how Sonatype chooses to differentiate the OSS from the Pro
> versions.
>
> Wayne

Keep in mind that up to Nexus 2 this feature did not exist. Like I said
earlier you have to play with the Expiration Settings for you
repositories to get the right mix of regular updates (low settings) and
the performance impact on your Nexus setup. Also keep in mind this all
only really applies if you are running multiple Nexus instances..

manfred

Re: (Re-)Deploy artifacts to (different) repositories

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> Thanks Wayne. I'm asking for it because Manfred mentioned that it works with
> the OSS version as well, just without Smart Proxy. And I would like to get

In that case, please take this discussion to the proper Nexus user
lists as it is no longer relevant here.

Wayne

Re: (Re-)Deploy artifacts to (different) repositories

Posted by "M. Richey" <mr...@gmx.de>.
Thanks Wayne. I'm asking for it because Manfred mentioned that it works with the OSS version as well, just without Smart Proxy. And I would like to get that up and running as soon as possible not waiting until it did it's way through the purchasing department...

/Maik

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "M. Richey" <mr...@gmx.de>.