Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Devender Yadav <de...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/28 12:20:54 UTC

Drill Microsoft SQL plugin

Hi,

I am using drill 1.4 in embedded mode. I am trying to add  MS SQL server
plugin in drill. I am referring:
https://drill.apache.org/docs/rdbms-storage-plugin/#example-sql-server-configuration

I got error:

*error(unable to create/update plugin)*

I am not able to see the logs in sqlline.log or in the shell.
How will I know the reason for the failure of plugin addition?

Note: I added sqljdbc41.jar in 3rd party

Regards,
Devender

Re: Drill Microsoft SQL plugin

Posted by Brent Payne <br...@cursivelabs.com>.
We had a similar issue with a heroku postgresql db.  It turned out that it
was because ssl mode is enforced (which is a good thing).  There didn't
seem to be an option for setting this via the storage params, but we found
a workaround by modifying our url parameter as follows:

"url": "jdbc:postgresql://
ec2-something.amazonaws.com:1234/dbname?ssl=true&sslfactory=org.postgresql.ssl.NonValidatingFactory
",
ᐧ

Posted by Devender Yadav <de...@gmail.com>.