Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Ajar <aj...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/15 12:07:58 UTC

Falcon compiler for mxml

Hi all
I want to ask, if I may a few questions about the current status of flex.

 - Is Falcon the default compiler used for mxml apps in 4.9.1 SDK?
    - if not - what is needed to set it up as the default compiler?
    - is it production ready at all?
    - How close is it to be used in production? (people was saying it is
70% ready when it was donated last year - did that changed?)

I was trying to get an answer asking on stackoverflow - http://goo.gl/eoeTE
and on the Apache flex community on G+ - http://goo.gl/h4XMy

cheers
Ajar

RE: Falcon compiler for mxml

Posted by Kessler CTR Mark J <ma...@usmc.mil>.
If you don't use link reports... try using the incremental compilation.  It will not recompile certain files that have not changed.

http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/help.html?content=compilers_20.html

-Mark

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
It is expected to be faster, but I would not expect an order of magnitude improvement.  The hope was that non-incremental compiles would be 2x faster.

In any large project it is better to eliminate a complex network of interdependencies.  Proper use of modules and interfaces should make development more efficient.

Alex Harui
Apache Flex Team
http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui

Re: Falcon compiler for mxml