Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Ramkrishna Swamy <ra...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/28 08:17:06 UTC

Different order status for COD and CC

Hi list,

I have a requirement of setting different order status, for COD status
should be "Order to be Approved"  and for CC "Order Placed" is required, and
in both cases order will be approved later on, how to implement this.

Plz help.

--
Thanks
Ramkrishna

Re: Different order status for COD and CC

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
My guess is that they want these additional statuses for searching and if that is the case it would be much better to allow searching by payment method type + order status rather than adding custom statuses.

Regards
Scott

Posted by Mridul Pathak <mr...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Abdullah Shaikh <ab...@gmail.com>.
There won't be any harm, only thing is as Scott said you will be adding
unnecessary complexity.

The flow makes use of order status to perform some actions, here you will be
adding a custom status for same order status types, so you will have to make
changes in the flow wherever the order status is being used to make use of
your custom status.

Easy way out of this would be, if you are only bothered  about displaying
the custom status message, is to customise the code where the order list is
displayed in order manager to check if its a COD / CC order and display you
custom status message accordingly.

- Abdullah

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 11:20 AM, Ramkrishna Swamy <

Posted by Ramkrishna Swamy <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Scott,

Posted by Ramkrishna Swamy <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hello BJ Freeman,

Could you please give more details where will i have to change the code to
reflect desired status.

--
Thanks
Ramkrishna