Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Thom Park <tp...@borland.com> on 2001/06/19 17:59:44 UTC

header handling in WARP

Hello everyone,

I have a question on how the Warp handler handles headers
coming back from a request.

In pr_warp.c, warp_handler,the following is written:

        /* Check if we got an HDR packet (header) */
        if (i->type==TYP_REQUEST_HDR) {
            char *nam=p_rstring(i);
            char *val=p_rstring(i);
            wa_debug(WA_MARK,"Header \"%s\": \"%s\"",nam,val);
            if (strcasecmp("Connection",nam)!=0) {
                wa_rsetheader(r,nam,val);
            }
            if (strcasecmp("Content-Type",nam)==0) {
                wa_rsetctype(r,val);
            }
        }

I notice that the headers for Connection and Content-Type are set in the
request's structure. However I couldn't see how any other headers will
get sent back to the client.

I'm sure I'm missing something!

Can someone (perhap Pier?) enlighten me as I'm getting a wee bit fed up with
my own density on this one ;-)

thanks,

Thom

Re: header handling in WARP

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Thom Park at tpark@borland.com wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a question on how the Warp handler handles headers
> coming back from a request.
>
> In pr_warp.c, warp_handler,the following is written:
>
>       /* Check if we got an HDR packet (header) */
>       if (i->type==TYP_REQUEST_HDR) {
>           char *nam=p_rstring(i);
>           char *val=p_rstring(i);
>           wa_debug(WA_MARK,"Header \"%s\": \"%s\"",nam,val);
>           if (strcasecmp("Connection",nam)!=0) {
>               wa_rsetheader(r,nam,val);
>           }
>           if (strcasecmp("Content-Type",nam)==0) {
>               wa_rsetctype(r,val);
>           }
>       }
>
> I notice that the headers for Connection and Content-Type are set in the
> request's structure. However I couldn't see how any other headers will
> get sent back to the client.
>
> I'm sure I'm missing something!

Yes, you're missing the point that I'm the biggest idiot on this planet :)
It's a week I'm trying to find it... :)

    Pier