Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Bruce Bailey <bj...@plaza.ds.adp.com> on 2001/11/01 19:57:19 UTC

Need More Information on Building on Red Hat 7.1

Hi

I have discovered by reading the archives that the latest version of Xalan
won't build properly on Red Hat Linux release 7.1 (Seawolf), gcc version
2.96.  There are vague references to this version of the compiler being
'buggy'.  I need more information about what the problems are and if anyone
might be working on it, etc.

Can anyone provide useful information on this?  I need to make some
decisions about whether to use Xalan, when I can start using Xalan, etc.  I
also need to research whether or not shared objects and executables built on
older systems (circa RH6.1) will run on the current RH systems.

Thanks in advance,

Bruce

Bruce Bailey
2525 SW First Avenue