Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/15 04:38:13 UTC

Are setshelliter and listshelliter documented?

I see these shell commands are unit tested, but is there use described in
prose?

Re: Are setshelliter and listshelliter documented?

Posted by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com>.
The help documentation is comprehensive but not sufficient. Typically the
prose provides context about why a given command should be used instead of
another. And explains concepts like the profile name. When generating prose
and thinking about context a different point of view is achieved.
Somethings this is helpful to developers. And it's nearly always helpful to
users. This kind of writing is impossible for non-coders to accomplish
because an intimate knowledge of the code is needed. Non-coders can polish
the prose and add examples afterwards but technical people need to get the
basic concepts communicated.

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.