Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ben Eng <be...@jetpen.com> on 2005/01/03 18:23:49 UTC

Re: error initializing tapestry in second webapp

I am also encoutering this java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError, when
I have a second Tapestry webapp in the same EAR.

It appears to be caused by:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The Enum name must be unique, 'NONE' has already been added

    at org.apache.commons.lang.enum.Enum.<init>(Enum.java:168)
    at org.apache.tapestry.spec.BeanLifecycle.<init>(BeanLifecycle.java:67)
    at org.apache.tapestry.spec.BeanLifecycle.<clinit>(BeanLifecycle.java:36)
    ... 20 more

Is there something special needed to package two Tapestry based
webapps together into the same EAR?

Ben

Posted by Ben Eng <be...@jetpen.com>.
I have figured out the solution to this problem.

If commons-lang.jar is classloaded by both WARs via each respective
MANIFEST Class-Path from the parent's (EAR's) ClassLoader, the problem
arises. The solution is to rearrange the packaging so that
commons-lang.jar does NOT appear as a utility jar within the EAR, but
rather appears within each WAR's WEB-INF/lib.

Now both Tapestry-based Webapps are able to coexist in the same EAR.

Ben