Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Varadharajan Sethuraman <va...@yahoo.com> on 2004/07/14 05:44:28 UTC

linking the font (not embeded font) with pdf

Hi All,

I have a problem with linking the font (not embeded font) with pdf.
In the userconfig.xml file I have specified only metric-file attribute. I haven't specified
embed-file attribute value.

Following highlighted paragraph from taken from http://xml.apache.org/fop/fonts.html
It says that particular font file should be there in the local system. Yes, Its there. But eventhough it is not working...

The "kerning" and "embed-file" attributes are optional. Kerning is currently not used at all. If embedding is off, the output will position the text correctly (from the metrics file), but it will not be displayed or printed correctly unless the viewer has the applicable font available to their local system.
If any one knows about Linking font with pdf using FOP.
Kindly help me....

Regards
Varadharajan S

Re: linking the font (not embeded font) with pdf

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Varadharajan Sethuraman wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a problem with linking the font (not embeded font) with pdf.
> In the userconfig.xml file I have specified only metric-file attribute.
> I haven't specified
> embed-file attribute value.
>
> Following highlighted paragraph from taken from
> http://xml.apache.org/fop/fonts.html
> It says that particular font file should be there in the local system.
> Yes, Its there. But eventhough it is not working...

By local system, the quote doesnt mean in the Windows directory. It means the
Acrobat Reader must have the font registered. I cant tell you more about this
process, I just know that the Windows fonts are not necessarily the same as
fonts registered with acrobat reader. Search on google to find out how to
register a font with acrobat reader.

<snip/>

RE: linking the font (not embeded font) with pdf

Posted by Chandrasekhar Sanku <ch...@wipro.com>.
Hi Varadharajan,

    You create the userconfig.xml file. And the add the following code
in your program.

      String str_userconfig = "userconfig.xml";

      File fl_userconfig = new File(str_userconfig);

      ConfigurationReader reader = new ConfigurationReader(new
InputSource(new FileInputStream(fl_userconfig)));

reader.start();

      you just include this code before initiating the driver. i.e.
before the following code.

      Driver driver = new Driver();

      And look at the  userconfig file attached.

Regards,

Chandrasekhar Sanku.

[...]

  _____

Do you Yahoo!?
New
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/10/*http:/promotions.yahoo.com/
new_mail/static/efficiency.html>  and Improved Yahoo! Mail - Send 10MB
messages!

Confidentiality Notice

you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or Mailadmin@wipro.com immediately