Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Howard <hl...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/24 20:19:58 UTC

[Tapestry Central] Devoxx 2009: Tapestry and Clojure

Coming up in November ... I'll be at the Devoxx 2009 conference in
Antwerp, Belgium. I'll be presenting two 60 minute talks: one as an
introduction to Tapestry (Nov 20th, 10:30-11:30, Room 9) and another as
an introduction to Clojure (Nov 18th, 12:00-13:00, Room 6). Given that
my existing talks take closer to 90 minutes, this is going to take fast
talking and a bit of editing!
Devoxx is a very cool conference, run by the user group community and
very well organized. It's one of the best places to speak because of
the quality of the A/V: it takes place in a movie theater, with giant
screens and plush, stadium seating.
This is my first return to Devoxx since 2004, when it was still called
Javopolis. With luck, this time, I won't succumb to jet lag and comfy
seats and start snoring in someone's session!

--
Posted By Howard to Tapestry Central at 9/24/2009 11:19:00 AM

Re: [Tapestry Central] Devoxx 2009: Tapestry and Clojure

Posted by Sebastian Hennebrueder <us...@laliluna.de>.
Howard schrieb:
> Coming up in November ... I'll be at the Devoxx 2009 conference in
> Antwerp, Belgium. I'll be presenting two 60 minute talks: one as an
> introduction to Tapestry (Nov 20th, 10:30-11:30, Room 9) and another as
> an introduction to Clojure (Nov 18th, 12:00-13:00, Room 6). Given that
> my existing talks take closer to 90 minutes, this is going to take fast
> talking and a bit of editing!
> Devoxx is a very cool conference, run by the user group community and
> very well organized. It's one of the best places to speak because of
> the quality of the A/V: it takes place in a movie theater, with giant
> screens and plush, stadium seating.
> This is my first return to Devoxx since 2004, when it was still called
> Javopolis. With luck, this time, I won't succumb to jet lag and comfy
> seats and start snoring in someone's session!
>
> --
> Posted By Howard to Tapestry Central at 9/24/2009 11:19:00 AM
Hello,

I can only recommend the conference as well. It is very developer
centric and presentations of the SUN people are much more interesting as
they adapt their presentations as well. Brian Goetz had a very good
presentation last year as compared  to the "Stories from the old time"
presentation he made on the Jax conference the year before. The Jax has
a mixed business / developer focus which motivates the large companies
to make "marketing" presentations.

You are invited to snore in my session. ;-)

I will speak about selecting web technologies.

--
Best Regards / Viele Grüße

Sebastian Hennebrueder
-----
Software Developer and Trainer for Hibernate / Java Persistence
http://www.laliluna.de

Re: [Tapestry Central] Devoxx 2009: Tapestry and Clojure

Posted by Oliver Geisser <ol...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

maybe we can arrange an informal "Tapestry Meet & Greet", e.g. taking a beer
or dinner together
with other Tapestry developers?

Last year at Devoxx it was a little bit problematic to find other Tapestry
developers ... :-(

Olli