Posted to user@poi.apache.org by mariag <gm...@hotmail.com> on 2008/04/11 21:28:08 UTC

read custom format date hh:mm:ss:00‏

Hi All,
I am new to this HSSF. I have an urgent requirement to read an excel file.
But it has a time field that I don't know how to read it.

Can anyone please help me in reading a date cell with excel custom format
hh\:mm\:ss.00? if I have the value in the cell as 00.00.18.13 ,excel is
displaying itas 12:00:18 AM.

Thanks,
Maria

Re: read custom format date hh:mm:ss:00�

Posted by mariag <gm...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Jakub & Nick
Thank you very much for your reply.

Today I tried again with SimpleDateFormat and I am getting the time that I
want.
I need to get it in the format KK:mm:ss:SS

K  	Hour in am/pm (0-11)

So I read about the java date formats and I am glad that I made it with the
help of you both.

Next step that I will have to learn how to convert excel 95 to excel 97.

Thank you very much to you both.

Maria

Posted by jakub kuzela <po...@gmail.com>.

Posted by mariag <gm...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Jakub,

Posted by jakub kuzela <po...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.
On Mon, 14 Apr 2008, mariag wrote:
> But they have example for writing the cell, but not for reading the
> custom formated cell.

Ah, reading's easy. Just find the cell with your time in it, then do
   cell.getDateCellValue()

That'll give you back a standard java date object. If you just want the
time out, then pass that to a java calendar, and call the getters to get
the hour, minute, second etc. If just want to print the time as a string,
use java.text.SimpleDateFormat to format the date as you want it

Nick

Re: read custom format date hh:mm:ss:00‏

Posted by mariag <gm...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Nick,
Thank you for your reply.
Yes I tried to read.
But they have example for writing the cell, but not for reading the custom
formated cell.

As I am new to POI, I am not sure how to get the cell data with the custom
formatted time(00:01:05.00 - hh:mm:ss.00)

If you know how to get the data, please help.

Thanks,
Maria

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.