Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jamie Johnson <je...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/14 17:03:10 UTC

SolrCloud Force replication without restarting

Is there a way to force Solr to do a replication without restarting
when in SolrCloud?

Re: SolrCloud Force replication without restarting

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, that looks right to me.

On Mar 14, 2012, at 12:54 PM, Jamie Johnson wrote:

> Great, so to be clear I would execute the following correct?
>
> http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/cores?action=REQUESTRECOVERY&core=slice1_shard2
>
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 12:18 PM, Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Mar 14, 2012, at 12:03 PM, Jamie Johnson wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a way to force Solr to do a replication without restarting
>>> when in SolrCloud?
>>

>> You mean force a recovery? If so, then yes: there is a CoreAdminCommand (http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CoreAdmin#CoreAdminHandler) called REQUESTRECOVERY. The only param is core= and the name of the SolrCore.
>>
>> - Mark Miller
>> lucidimagination.com

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com

Re: SolrCloud Force replication without restarting

Posted by Jamie Johnson <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.