Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Craig Demyanovich <de...@fastmail.us> on 2005/09/13 18:18:07 UTC

query repository for its type: bdb or fsfs

Friends,

I'm looking for a way to query a repository for its type. I created a
repository so long ago that I can't remember whether I used bdb or fsfs.
Is the presence of a "db" directory under the repository directory
enough to indicate a bdb-based repository? Please point me in the right
direction, as the search terms I've used thus far haven't produced results.

Many thanks,
Craig

Re: query repository for its type: bdb or fsfs

Posted by Paul Koning <pk...@equallogic.com>.

 Craig> Friends, I'm looking for a way to query a repository for its
 Craig> type. I created a repository so long ago that I can't remember
 Craig> whether I used bdb or fsfs. Is the presence of a "db"
 Craig> directory under the repository directory enough to indicate a
 Craig> bdb-based repository? Please point me in the right direction,
 Craig> as the search terms I've used thus far haven't produced
 Craig> results.

cat <repository>/db/fs-type

    paul

Re: query repository for its type: bdb or fsfs

Posted by Hari Kodungallur <hk...@gmail.com>.
On 9/13/05, Dave Pawson <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 13/09/05, Hari Kodungallur <hk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > the following is true if the repository is fsfs:
> >
> > $ cat <svn-repo>/db/fs-type
> > fsfs
> Thanks Hari. I'd wondered.
>
> And is it possible to convert from bdb to fsfs please?

I believe, the following should work:

Create a new reposisotry
$ svnadmin create new-repos-path --fs-type fsfs

$ svnadmin dump old-repos-path > dumpfile
$ svnadmin load new-repos-path < dumpfile

rgds
-Hari
SpikeSource Inc.

Re: query repository for its type: bdb or fsfs

Posted by Dave Pawson <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.

Re: query repository for its type: bdb or fsfs

Posted by Craig Demyanovich <de...@fastmail.us>.
Hari Kodungallur wrote:
> On 9/13/05, Craig Demyanovich <de...@fastmail.us> wrote:
>
>>Friends,
>>
>>I'm looking for a way to query a repository for its type. I created a
>>repository so long ago that I can't remember whether I used bdb or fsfs.
>>Is the presence of a "db" directory under the repository directory
>>enough to indicate a bdb-based repository? Please point me in the right
>>direction, as the search terms I've used thus far haven't produced results.
>>

> the following is true if the repository is fsfs:
>
> $ cat <svn-repo>/db/fs-type
> fsfs

Thanks, Hari. Since my server is on Windows Server 2003, I did this:

$ type <svn-repo>\db\fs-type
$ fsfs

Regards,

Posted by Hari Kodungallur <hk...@gmail.com>.