Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Frank Wulf <fr...@frankwulf.de> on 2002/12/26 22:14:12 UTC

UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector could not find the component for hint

Hi,

I'm new to Cocoon and trying to develop a little cocoon serializer to convert xml-data to binary output.
However cocoon gives me the following error message:

type fatal

message UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector could not find the component for hint: testser

description org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException: UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector could not find the component for hint: testser

source Cocoon servlet

Any hint where to search for this error?

My sitemap.xmap entries are:

<map:serializer mime-type="application/octet-stream" name="testser" src="de.mpc.serialization.TestSerializer"/>
<map:pipeline>
   <map:match pattern="serializer_test">
     <map:generate src="docs/samples/serializer_test/test.xml"/>
     <map:serialize type="testser"/>
   </map:match>
</map:pipeline>

I looked through all the Serializer-code examples but got no clue so far.

Thanks,

Frank Wulf

Re: UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector could not find the component for hint

Posted by Frank Wulf <fr...@frankwulf.de>.
Matthew,

everything is configured as you adviced. Configuration of my Serializer takes place inside the <map:components> section. All needed classes are located in a Jar-File which is placed in the Cocoon/WEB-INF/libs directory. I also implemented a Reader class in this jar-file with the same functionality which works well - but i need a Serializer to take advantage of the Cocoon pipeline model.

Is the mentioned UnnamedSelector - error a hint that something went wrong within the sitemap-configuration or may i have missed something essential in the Serializer implementation itself?

If anybody has some tips where to find documentation about writing cocoon serializers i would be really happy. I read the Dev chapters in "Cocoon - Building XML-Applications", which is really a great book but the serializers aren't covered there ... ;-)

Frank