Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Maoke <fi...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/19 04:35:09 UTC

WAL.Hlog vs. Hlog

hi Stack and all,

i noticed that the regionserver.Hlog is obsoleted by regionserver.wal.Hlog,
from version 0.20.6 to 0.90+. what is the major difference between the two,
in principle? what we should pay attention to when using the WAL.Hlog?

thanks,
maoke

Re: WAL.Hlog vs. Hlog

Posted by Maoke <fi...@gmail.com>.
2012/10/19 Stack <st...@duboce.net>

> On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 7:35 PM, Maoke <fi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > hi Stack and all,
> >
> > i noticed that the regionserver.Hlog is obsoleted by
> regionserver.wal.Hlog,
> > from version 0.20.6 to 0.90+. what is the major difference between the
> two,
> > in principle? what we should pay attention to when using the WAL.Hlog?
> >

> Your best bet is reviewing the release notes for 0.90 and the issue
> that moved WAL, "HBASE-1756 Refactor HLog".  Going by the issue, the
> motivation was cleanup.

thanks a lot! i will read that ASAP. - maoke

Re: WAL.Hlog vs. Hlog

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.