Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> on 2014/04/04 02:48:38 UTC

Re: [PROPOSAL] Stratosphere

>>> That is a significant issue that will need to dealt with during incubation.
>>>
>>> Good trademarks are very difficult to come up with.
>>
>> "Stratosphere" is also uncomfortably close to "Stratos".
>>
>> The sooner that this can be considered the better.
>
> I agree, and, as per Ted's email, we would like to resolve the name issue as soon as possible during the incubation phase.

I'd really urge you to deal with this before you enter incubation.
Changing mailing lists, tree or repository names is a needless waste
of energy if you know ahead of time that you can't continue using the
name.

--David

Re: [PROPOSAL] Stratosphere

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
+1 to deal with this early.

Weave changes to Twill and so far has been doing great. No worries
about potential conflict and confusion to Apache Wave.

- Henry