Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by bhouse99 <bh...@protonmail.com.INVALID> on 2021/09/23 19:37:25 UTC

[DISCUSS] CEP-16: Auth Plugin Support for CQLSH

Wiki: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CASSANDRA/CEP-16%3A+Auth+Plugin+Support+for+CQLSH
Jira: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-16456

Hi everyone, I’d like to propose the above CEP for adoption by the community.

CQLSH is an important and useful tool but unfortunately lacks the same support of different authentication methods that can be found in Cassandra drivers.

I propose extending configuration options to bring it more in line with the Python Cassandra driver. The allows anyone using third party provided plugins like LDAP, Kerberos, and Sigv4 to be able to continue to use CQSLH.
I am prepared to do the principle work to make this change, and how that the community will adopt the CEP after this discussion.

Thanks!
Brian

Re: [DISCUSS] CEP-16: Auth Plugin Support for CQLSH

Posted by Dinesh Joshi <dj...@apache.org>.
Hi Brian,

Thanks - the CEP looks good to me. We can move to vote. Could you please initiate it?

Dinesh

Posted by bhouse99 <bh...@protonmail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Brandon Williams <dr...@gmail.com>.