Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Jamie Johnson <je...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/18 17:05:29 UTC

LocalLucene/Lucene Spatial

I am working on a project that is already using Lucene (through Hibernate
Search) to perform full text queries and have since come across several
sites with information about LocalLucene/Lucene Spatial.  I was wondering if
there was a timeline for having this work implemented that anyone was aware
of?

Re: LocalLucene/Lucene Spatial

Posted by patrick o'leary <pj...@pjaol.com>.
Honestly I'm more focused on intelligent ways to do faster and more complex
GIS features.
As I said the most time consuming part is the DistainceFilter, which is
required to sort by distance.
I'm playing with several ideas on how to do those better, and get a win
there.

However if anyone wants to jump in and try other improvements feel free.

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.

Posted by patrick o'leary <pj...@pjaol.com>.

Posted by John Wang <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.