Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Mark Rowell <Ma...@credittrade.com> on 2003/03/19 14:20:27 UTC

Persistence brokers and threads..(again)

Hi

I asked this question a couple of days ago. Up to now I have been managing
my own persistence broker/thread mapping; I noticed
that there is a persitence broker thread mapping class in the distribution
for RC1.

Re: Persistence brokers and threads..(again)

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@code-au-lait.de>.
Hi Mark,

sorry for the late reply.

> Hi
>
> I asked this question a couple of days ago. Up to now I have been
managing
> my own persistence broker/thread mapping; I noticed
> that there is a persitence broker thread mapping class in the
distribution
> for RC1.
>
> From looking at the code I cant see how the roker/thread mapping works
as
> the only reference to a persistence broker
> thread mapping is in PersistenceBrokerThreadMapping class, which is
used in
> the PersistenceBrokerFactoryDefaultImpl class
> but only in the methods activateObject/passivateObject which is not
called
> in any other code in the distribution.
>
> Questions are:
>
> - am I mistaken...
Your description is correct.

> - if so, does this all happen by default
yes, when you obtain a PB instance from the pool,
a per thread reference of the instance was put to PBTM
and unset when PB instance was closed (returned to pool).

PBTM was used in CollectionProxy and IndirectionHandler
to get the current open PB instance if possible (I think Oleg has
introduced PBTM to avoid a db-connection deadlock with MSSQL,
but I'm not sure).
You will get (per thread) the first found PB instance which is in
tx or if none found, the last found PB instance (not in tx).

It's not very transparent, but PBTM is introduced for internal use
only.

> - or, should I still perform my own thread/broker management.
Don't know the reasons for your PB/thread mapping, but I think
currently it seems the best way doing this by your own.

regards,
Armin

> Regards
>
> Mark Rowell

> Mark Rowell
> CreditTrade
>
> T: +44 (020) 7400 5078
> M: mailto:mark.rowell@credittrade.com
>
> CreditTrade Limited is regulated by the FSA. (c) CreditTrade 2002. All
rights reserved. The information and data contained in this email is
provided for the information purposes of the addressee only and should
not be reproduced and/or distributed to any other person. It is provided
without any warranty whatsoever and unless stated otherwise consists
purely of indicative market prices and other information.

> Any opinion or comments expressed or assumption made in association
with the data or information provided in this email is a reflection of
CreditTrades judgement at the time of compiling the data and is subject
to change. CreditTrade hereby makes no representation and accepts no
responsibility or liability as to the completeness or accuracy of this
email.

> The content of this email is not intended as an offer or solicitation
for, or recommendation of, the purchase or sale of any financial
instrument, or as an official confirmation of any transaction, and
should not be construed as investment advice.