Posted to dev@helix.apache.org by Kanak Biscuitwala <ka...@hotmail.com> on 2014/03/13 21:59:46 UTC

Pausing and Disabling Behavior in Helix

Hi,

I've written up a possible specification for pausing and disabling behavior in Helix. Right now, this is not well-defined and limited to only a few scopes. I hope that we can expand this functionality in the near future.

Please send any feedback you may have.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HELIX/Pausing+and+Disabling

Thanks,
Kanak

RE: Pausing and Disabling Behavior in Helix

Posted by Kanak Biscuitwala <ka...@hotmail.com>.
I have changed the wiki accordingly to cover all 3 cases. Basically this will change the current disable behavior so that partitions may be reassigned in SEMI_AUTO and FULL_AUTO, and then the resource-scoped disable behavior will prevent reassignment.

Kanak

Posted by kishore g <g....@gmail.com>.
Thanks.

#3 looks good. I am not sure if disable shud do #1 or #2. We need ability
to define all 3 behaviors.